Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Templar snags 1st place in Level Up contest!

GundamUK's Level Up contest concluded last February 1st, and to be honest I wasn't holding my breath. The Templar was up against some seriously mean builds - all the entries had a tremendous amount of work put into them, and I knew my chances were slim at best...But somehow, he was able to steal the top spot!


Click on the read more link for details...



The participants were challenged to take a step out of their comfort zones, try something new, and in a way "level up" their modeling repertoire. Judging criteria would include not only the finished model itself, but how well the concept was achieved, and by how much the contestant was able to improve their skills over the course of the project - hence the contest title. This allowed modelers of any experience level to compete on an even playing field. You can read more about the contest mechanics over at GundamUk's blog.

Here's the YouTube video by Simon on the conclusion of the event:


More details on each entry can be found in GundamUk's blog post.

I'd like to thank Simon of GundamUk  for hosting such a cool event. I had a blast working on this project, and it was the most fun I've had since I started in this hobby. While having the Templar stand on my shelf is rewarding in itself, a commendation for all the effort I put into him is satisfying indeed. Props to all the participants as well, I picked up a few tricks from the detailed WIPs you guys shared!

Salute to all the participants!
I'm all fired up for the next event! Until then, here's a sneak preview of things to come...




Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

  1. Awww yissss~ Congrats pre. It's nice to see this kit snag 1st place after seeing it built from start to finish. Looking forward for your next project.

    ReplyDelete