Thursday, March 31, 2016

Tallgeese III Custom WIP 1

Hey plamo nerds, It's been too long since my last WIP post! Just a tiny update for today, but I'm glad I'm able to share my work again. This one's a personal project, meant only for myself and my shelf, haha. I've been working on it in short 30-minute sessions, which was all I could spare for the longest time. These days though I get to put in at least a couple of hours a week. Yay!




Click on the Read More link for the rest of this post!

I've been keeping busy with the Tallgeese III kit from DM (yes another tallgeese...I really like the design, as you may have deduced). The base kit itself is great considering the modest price, and something you should consider if you're not digging the exclusive P-bandai kit. My only gripe is that the pegs connecting the arms and legs to the torso are rather short, and the "face" looked a little too long and out of proportion. I did quite a bit of scribing on this one, along with some minor plating.



The weapon is something I thought up a while back, and is going to be the focal point of this project. It's rough, but I'm liking the way it looks so far. I figured I'd go with an energy weapon this time. since the first two 'geese I did were melee and ammunition oriented.



I'm not quite decided on the head yet. I might pull a head from another model I really like - the Garazzo - if it blends well enough with the overall design. The backpack is also not yet final, but I do plan on making it big to balance out the weapon. I just hope ol' thunderthighs can take all that weight...


The zigzag elements of the design should go well with the way the gun opens up. I've still got a lot of work ahead, largely consisting of cleanup, but after a year of not building anything, I'm enjoying every bit of this project!

I've also been snapping together a Blitz. Say what you will about Seed...the Le Creuset team had some mean looking mechs!



That's all for now, stay tuned for more updates! Keep building plamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment