Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Tallgeese Boros WIP 4

Hello plamo nerds! It's been a while since my last post, I've been too busy with a major non-plamo WIP and haven't had the time to share a progress update on the Boros. It's coming together really well, with just some cleanup and detailing still unchecked on the weapon before I can head to paint prep. Here's what I've been up to...







Click on the Read More link for the rest of this post...



I've been holding everything together with tape until I could finalize the design. Now it was time to make it actually happen. I drove some screws into the Tallgeese shoulder pegs to serve as a base for molding a ball joint type connection, which would then plug into the Garazzo upper arm assembly...



The Garazzo bits needed some serious seam fixing and cleanup. The spikes on the head and shoulders were sharpened and now actually look like they can do some serious damage.



 After weeks of moving parts around, I finally settled on a backpack configuration, utilizing four tallgeese thruster pods with a Freedom back piece as a mounting point for the extra pods...


I didn't want to deal with the seams on the back portion of the pods, plus it would be difficult to paint them later on if I fixed them together, so I took a page out of meijin JD's book and did some armor trimming instead...



Just a little more cleanup needed here and there and I'll be ready to paint this thing. I'm planning on doing something completely unorthodox with the paint...should be interesting :)



The gun and backpack are HEAVY, which is why I had to take pics of it lying on its back. I probably need to reinforce some joints or fabricate something to support all that weight. I hardly ever repose a kit after I do a final photo shoot, so I may just settle for a clear plastic rod to help prop it up.

Check back again soon for updates on this build! Here are the previous WIP posts in case you missed them...

WIP 1
WIP 2
WIP 3


Until next time, keep building plamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment